Within My Heart I Believe
1. Clear your field of vision.
2. Maintain an open mind.
3. Seek tolerance of the differences between people, beliefs, and ideas.
4. Show and feel acceptance of those differences lest you miss their truth and beauty. Society needs the variety of peoples and ideas; societies have sorely missed the greatness within each. Embrace.
5. Harbor much gratitude.
6. Give much attention to others’ happiness and less to the “me,” the self. In other words, each should practice balance.
7. Feel the greatness that is given to you, feel the immense beauty that lives on this earth and embrace living, but lessen the indulgence to yourself as it can become greed. Indulge in others and you have helped make their time on earth that much better.
8. Truly experience and feel each positive and negative that lands at your feet. See what is directly in front of your eyes and indulge in the thoughts of your mind. Find the good, the beautiful, and if you do not see it, look harder. Merit, wonder and beauty live in everyone and everything.
9. Experience art in every form afforded you. Search for it when not obviously noticed. It does exist as well in the most unconventional of places and spaces. You CAN find it. Inhale and create. Art is our common human breath.
10. Open the book. Levees of the mind are marvelously grand and reach beyond the clouds. Your mind’s levees cannot be breached by an overflow of knowledge.
The words written above are my small list of big issues, values, I have desired to teach my children. Maybe I haven’t in so many words, but doing so has always been my intent. Within my heart I believe implementing them into our lives daily can only see peoples from all corners lead happier lives. I believe that the majority of people would say they believe much the same. Each, including myself, needs to take the added steps and act more upon these words.
I felt the desire to write this list rather quickly and haphazardly as I am becoming more disturbed by the growth of the importance of the “me,” the self, I see exists. There is too much emphasis on celebrating one’s own life and not celebrating the lives of others. I include here the life of all creatures, of all flora and fauna. Priorities do need to be checked. The values of the world population do need to be balanced.